- MAR29 – With Rashad Malik Davis
- Rashad is a 26yo creative, lover of stories, and story-teller.
- In this conversation, we discuss the painful genesis and healing journey of his book, his deeply rooted spirituality, and the importance of representation in the stories that we tell.
- APR12 – With Caroline Wilson
- Caroline is a 19yo college student, positive human, and survivor of a traumatic brain injury.
- In this lovely conversation, we discuss the plastic nature of memories especially when you have impaired long-term memory, how a positive reframe of a situation can change your outlook on life, and the nature of social crutches and how they help us function.
- APR26 – With Michael Caron
- Michael is a 40yo father, coach, and motivator.
- We discuss his formative years through a semester at sea, the wonder of being a new father while being present for a stepdaughter, and his philosophy on leadership and self-development.
- MAY10 – With Kristin Clague Reihman
- Kristin is a 47yo physician, healer, and mother.
- In this interview, we discuss the death of her mother when she was eighteen, her own near death experience fraught with pain, and how her spirituality is connecting with others.
- MAY24 – With Eric Garza
- Eric is a 41yo professor, hunter, and suicide survivor.
- During this conversation, we discuss hunting as connection to landscape, pushing ourselves to take the shot and learn the skills, and the near death experience of his suicide attempt.
- JUN11 – With Ayden LeRoux
- Ayden is a 29yo artist, writer, and BRCA1+ human.
- During this conversation, we discuss the intertwining of science and magic to predict her future health, Land Art installations as spirituality, and how a partner changes our plans for death.
- JUN23 – With John Giacalone
- John is a 34yo husband, coach, and observer of patterns.
- During this conversation, we discuss his vision for the future of both physical medicine and the world at large, speaking with his dying grandfather on the day of his wedding, and why he wants to be the guy that nobody knows.
- JUL06 – With Jen Rudolph
- Jen is a 39yo journeyer, mother, and wife.
- During this conversation, we discuss why she tries to withhold judgment on other minivans, the peace she felt when her grandfather died in his sleep, and why the death of two cousins serves as a reminder to stay present.
- JUL20 – With Hunter Frost
- Hunter is a 20yo tree climber, country boy, and survivor.
- During this conversation we discuss the challenges of tree climbing, the shifts in a 4yr relationship that began at 16, and the harsh perspective of breaking your back in a motor vehicle accident.
- AUG03 – With Alana Karma Once Again
- Alana is a 22yo survivor, phoenix, and hyper-dimensional immortal alien.
- During this conversation, we cover the long road between the accident and now, why these events might turn her into a better teacher, and how she has learned to appreciate her left side glitches.
- AUG19 – With Jim Goodreau
- Jim is a 71yo retired vascular surgeon, Air Force brat, and grieving father.
- During this conversation, we discuss his time as a Naval surgeon covering a huge swath of patients, his two strokes, and the immense losses of two of his sons.
- AUG31 – With Tasia Percevecz
- Tasia is a 28yo athlete, coach, and believer.
- In this conversation, we discuss the High, Low, Buffalo of the CrossFit Games, how an abusive relationship now allows her to connect with fellow humans, and her single mother’s strength as she mourned the death of her siblings.
- SEP16 – With Alex Szymanski
- Alex is a 19yo leader, athlete, and Catholic.
- During this conversation, the importance of sharing experiences, we discuss why he does not fear death, and why respect is the cornerstone of leadership.
- SEP28 – With John Foley
- John is a 29yo athlete, brother, and lover.
- During this conversation, we discuss his combative relationship with religion, the roast of his grandmother at her funeral, and why he is learning statistics on his commute to work.
- OCT13 – With Ashley Caron
- Ashley is a 36yo Burly human, athlete, and badass mom.
- During this conversation, we discuss the challenges of motherhood at 26 versus 36, the early death of her uncle, and why she wants desserts on her deathbed.
- OCT28 – With Randall Sheffield Once Again
- Randall is a 29yo doctor of physical therapy, yogi, and friend.
- During this conversation, we discuss how Gainesville, FL kicked off his spiritual journey, why he hasn’t touched a barbell in weeks, and Randall relates a recent brush with mortality off the beach of Costa Rica.
- NOV11 – With Camy I Once Again
- Camy is a 26yo OB/GYN resident physician and suicide survivor.
- We discuss the challenge of asking for help when you know how the system works, why the two interviews feel like two separate people, and how she has grown so much in only a year.
- NOV22 – With Jerel Mair Once Again
- Jerel is a 30yo follower of Christ, soon-to-be physician, and black man.
- During this conversation, we discuss the trap of the greasy rope, why he revels in talking to other humans, and what he learned from the deaths of his grandparents who served as his parents.
- DEC06 – With Becky Orton
- Becky is a 45yo mother, CrossFitter, and member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- During this conversation, we discuss motherhood and the story of her eight children (four biological and four adoptive), the experience of losing Ben, and the rewards of fostering medically fragile children.
- DEC21 – 2018 Season Retrospective
- During this solo-cast, I review the 19 wonderful and intimate interviews that comprised this 2018 Season.
- Then, I provide some sneak previews into the 2019 Season ahead.