- JAN05 – With Anna Shon
- Anna is a 57yo mother of two, a devoted Catholic, and a good friend.
- In this conversation, we talk about the death of her parents and how this influenced her own vision for end of life, her aversion to burials, and her optimism for the future.
- JAN20 – With Tabitha D’Souza
- Tabitha is a 27yo Christian second-year medical student who has studied theology and recently learned how to ride a bike.
- We discuss her faith, her interest in child development and her winding path to medical school.
- FEB02 – With Brian Bernal
- Brian is a 24yo first-generation Ecuadorian, a second year DPT student at USF, and cousin to many.
- During this conversation, we discuss leaving a legacy, his bouts with pneumothorax, and the joys of wandering.
- FEB16 – With Meg Scott
- Meg is a 23yo well-rounded second-year medical student, a follower of Christ, and a runner.
- In this conversation, we explore her relationship with Christ, how karate and horseback riding can teach you how to teach, and what the death of her close friend’s father taught her about death.
- MAR02 – With Lui Espinosa
- Lui is a 31yo second year medical student, a burgeoning philosopher-physician, and a runner.
- During this conversation, you’ll learn about the death of his grandfather as well as his Portuguese friend Anibal, his setbacks and obstacles while growing up and attaining his education, and his joy of life throughout it all.
- MAR16 – With Kristen Prosen
- Kristen is a 26yo herbalist, yoga teacher, and scared white woman.
- In this conversation, we discuss the universal relationship of plants, activism through addressing cultural bias, and the death of her grandmother.
- APR13 – With Pooja Jayaprakash
- Pooja is 23yo second year medical student and Indian woman with a liberal arts background.
- During this conversation, we discuss growing up Indian in Utah, imagining her mixed-race children, resisting the draw of medicine, and the death of her 109yo grandfather with his complicated legacy.
- APR27 – With Alana Karma
- Alana is a 21yo artist, student, and performer.
- In this heady conversation, we discuss her Mohawk heritage, Wiccan upbringing, and the sacred fire.
- MAY11 – With Rahul Paul
- Rahul is a 26yo Hindu-raised Bangladeshi, a third year medical student interested in emergency medicine, and a scientist.
- During this conversation, we discuss the relatable story of Krishna, the value of earned perspective, and why you should breathe into your balls.
- MAY25 – With Andre Lee
- Andre is a 27yo third year medical student, martial artist, and musician.
- During this conversation, we discuss the importance of independence, holding up his uncle, how mosh pits respect musicians, and how every party needs a healer.
- JUN08 – With Emily Duerr
- Emily is a 24yo third-year medical student, a 2nd lieutenant in the US Army, and a future farmer.
- During this conversation, we discuss her Lutheran upbringing, the importance of raising chickens, and her passion for veteran’s care.
- JUN22 – With Joel Eisenberg
- Joel is a 25yo third year medical student, a native of Florida, and lover of food.
- During this conversation, we discuss authenticity, how culinary school is more intense than medical school, and how his mother taught him about death.
- JUL08 – With Katrina Wachter
- Katrina is a 24yo third year medical student, a musician, a second Lieutenant in the US Army, and a Christian.
- During this conversation, we discuss the value of deep breathing and journaling, her encounters with death, and her desires for a family.
- JUL23 – With Dave Del Negro
- Dave is a 26yo third year medical student, athlete, and teacher.
- During this conversation, we discuss his early diagnosis of ADHD, the value of competitive American Wrestling, and the subject of suicide.
- AUG06 – With M. S.
- M. S. is a 29yo fourth year medical student, powerlifter, and rational thinker.
- In this cerebral conversation, we discuss the tenets of the Sikh faith, the great waste of human potential through procrastination, and the benefits of competition toward the next steps for humanity.
- AUG17 – With Camille Imbo
- Camille is a 25yo fourth year medical student, an older sister, and a black woman.
- During this conversation, we discuss the importance of names and how they change identity, the politicization of blackness, the inseparable mix of purpose and potential, and the soulmate bond between herself and her grandmother.
- AUG31 – With Lucy Horton
- Lucy is a 72yo hippy, an activist, and an entrepreneur.
- During this conversation, we discuss her cross country ramblings as a young hippy, her 15yrs on a commune in Vermont with 18 other people, joining an Episcopal Church because she wanted to attend school on Sundays, and serving as a volunteer escort for women’s health clinics.
- SEP14 – With Nic Werbeckes
- Nic is a 26yo fourth year medical student, recovering Catholic, and thinker.
- During this heady conversation, we discuss the dance between chaos and order, the importance of harmony, and the impact of his grandfather’s death.
- SEP28 – With Scott H
- Scott is a 28yo third year medical student, 2nd LT in the United States Army, and follower of Jesus Christ.
- During this heady conversation, we discuss a rational belief in faith, his service-based approach to selecting his church communities, and why you shouldn’t bury gold.
- OCT12 – With Sudhir M
- Sudhir is a 25yo third-year medical student, Indian who grew up in America, and part farmer.
- During this conversation, we discuss his Hindu upbringing, his interest in Interventional Radiology, the case of “Jim”, and the rapid change we’ve already seen and anticipate in the world going forward.
- OCT26 – With Cat Thomas
- Cat is a 32yo expressive arts facilitator, a multi-modal artist, as well as a feline and canine caretaker.
- During this conversation, we cover her journey to this work, her adventures in grandma’s forest, and why she wants to die at 103.
- NOV09 – With Christina G
- Christina is a 26yo future surgeon, former Christian, and current leader.
- In this conversation, we discuss her complicated relationship with a Christian faith, the separation of a cash register, and the importance of integrity.
- NOV23 – With Yehia Mishriki
- Yehia is a 63yo physician, Christian, and father.
- We discussed how his life changed over four hours: becoming a widower 28yrs ago during the birth of his second daughter. We explore his Christian faith and how his belief in perfect love helped him through the challenges of his life. And we even cover Star Trek, Near Death Experiences, and a quantum physics explanation for the existence of God.
- DEC07 – With Aleks Bacewicz
- Aleks is a 28yo fourth year medical student, future psychiatrist, and dancer.
- During this conversation, we discuss her Polish heritage, her love of pole, and her restorative Sunday practices.
- DEC21 – With Chris
- Chris is a 38yo future family man, survivor, and question mark.
- During this conversation, we discuss the mental and emotional recovery from such a traumatic experience. We talk about his feelings towards his uncle, the shooter. And most of all, we ruminate on this opportunity to change, the shift in perspective after a brush with death, and how he plans to move forward with his life.